Hi, my name is Jim, I am an Englishman living in the Georgian capital of Tbilisi.
I started this blog from a pressing need to write, to share my interests, my photos and to make sense of my world. I take a lot of photographs of various subjects, some of which I intend to share here. I love reading and will add book reviews to this blog of the books I have read. Jim Holroyd 365: my name and the number of days in a year, when I started the blog I couldn’t think of a better name. I once did an art project where I sent a postcard with a small artwork everyday of the year to the director of the Ikon Gallery in Birmingham (Jonathan Watkins).
- photos (everyday I carry my camera with me, some of the photos will be displayed here)
- Tbilisi, Georgia, observations as a foreigner living here, I have now been in Tbilisi for 5 years. Tbilisi was once in the Soviet Union and has a long history of being invaded by Russians, Persians, Turks etc..
- travel, I love travelling but now don’t have the resources to travel as much as I used to. Other countries and cultures fascinate me.
- book reviews…I read around 3 or 4 books a month and review what I read, the books I read are an eclectic mix of what I can find here to read, mostly in English but some books I read in French and I’m beginning to read in Georgian.
- blogging…I began blogging on 7 November 2013, inspired by reading a book (“Blood, Sweat and Tears”) which had started as a blog. I have no plans to publish my blog as a book (but who knows where this blogging will lead?)
- Facebook groups…I am in a lot of groups on Facebook, reflecting my various interests
- my thoughts
- anything which sparks my interest, really
- replies to any comments (please comment, please, please…)
- look at the different categories —>
Please feel free to comment and ask questions on what I blog. I am quite new to this blogging, I was inspired by reading a book, which began as a blog of a London Ambulance Driver: “Blood, Sweat and Tea“.
I hope my blog will be entertaining and amusing. I don’t know about which direction this blog will go, I am a great believer in serendipity...let the journey begin…
I also collect diecast model cars and get the same thrill at
49 50 as I did when I was 8, when I find a car I’m searching for, but don’t worry, I have a separate blog for blogging about this hobby.
If it interests you (and only if it interests you, I realise it is a rather niche interest) click the link: my diecast blog
I also have a separate blog for book reviews: my book review blog
I hate war and would love there to be peace in the world. My only tattoo is dove, the symbol of peace.
I don’t think I’ll ever become a real writer (once this was a dream of mine) and that’s quite all right now. I’ve reached an age at which I’m at peace with my limitations and failures. But I’m glad to find a writing outlet.
All images on this blog are copyright (C)
a) In case you want to reuse any of the photos in this blog, please notify me and provide a link back to this blog with full and clear acknowledgement of all items used.
b) All photos and text or part thereof are not to be used for commercial purposes.
c) All photos must be used in their original form, no addition or alteration are allowed.